Friday, August 4, 2017

A blinding light...

No clue when I wrote The Legacy of Diamond Springs, but it never saw the light of day--and it’s looking doubtful that it will, at least not by the end of August as I’d first hoped.
It’s been through at least 5 rewrites/edits, and when I finished the last one, I was ready to do the happy dance. Alas--midway through the first pirouette, in a blinding light from the sky I saw the weakness of the villain and knew he had to be replaced.
Did you hear the thump as I fell back to earth again?
But once I knew who really should’ve been the bad guy, it wasn’t a question of if but how do I weasel him into the story without making too many drastic changes. That’s ahead of me.
For now, I have the character profiled and an outline of his misdeeds and motives for same. Now it’s just a matter of settling down to take the icing from the cake, remove the top layer, and replace the filling--which is about as “easy” as doing what I propose to do with this novel!



If you haven’t weighed in on a name for the male protagonist, be sure to scroll back to Wednesday’s blog--read about him--and leave a comment with the name you feel is most appropriate. Heck, come up with your own name if you like!
Anyone who participates is automatically entered into a drawing for the six-book Penelope Pembroke Cozy Mystery Series from Amazon.




BUT DON’T WAIT!
OFFER ENDS SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
AFTER WHICH I HOPE TO BE READY TO FORMAT AND PUBLISH!





Meanwhile, don’t forget to visit my website for the August FREE READ
“The Face of Love”
Just click on the tab for I’ll tell you a story…
and enjoy




No comments: