Great topic--difficult choice! And I can’t make it, not trying to choose a single event from all of recorded history. So, I’m tweaking the topic make a list of TEN events I’d have liked to be a fly on the wall to see.
I remember as a child watching on black-and-white TV the historical drama series hosted/narrated by Walter Cronkite: You Are There. From 1953 to 1957, 147 episodes were produced. Unfortunately, there’s no comprehensive list of titles available, but some are posted on YouTube. (Apparently, the idea has been revived, so not all the linked episodes are hosted by Mr. Cronkite.)
So--here’s my list, and those events posted on YouTube are starred. * These are in no particular order as far as priority, by the way.
4. The D-Day Invasion at Normandy
5. The Signing of the Declaration of Independence
6. Lee’s Surrender at Appomattox
7. Any of George M. Cohan’s musical productions on Broadway--preferably opening night!
8. The beginning of a wagon train journey from St. Louis MO
9. The discovery of life-saving penicillin
10. The Resurrection of Jesus
What event would you most like to have witnessed?