FIRST PUBLISHED 10/2/09
The blog I had planned for today is on hold for a bit, so I trolled past blogs for this little "gem".
In the news today, the story of a 10-year-old girl in Essex who listed her grandmother on Ebay for $3500 because she was "annoying". There were 27 bids, but regulations forbid listing human merchandise, so the lady has been withdrawn.
I wonder what I might fetch? I don't think I'm annoying, at least I try not to be. Hmmmm.
FOR SALE TO HIGHEST BIDDER:
One Mimi, slightly used, still in good condition
- loves to read aloud
- believes in rocking babies
- sings oldies but goodies
- knows where the best sing-along videos on u-tube are located
- bakes cookies
- likes to remember "the olden days" when she was young
- able to teach simply embroidery that she learned from her own grandmother--on tea towels made from flour sacks
- has doll complete with wardrobe that she would love to play with again if she had a playmate
- doesn't spend time watching soap operas--would rather spend time watching little faces
- politically conservative--believes in disciplining children
- believes children WANT to know their limits
- has soft lap
- has big box of old costume jewelry for little girls to use playing "dress-up"
- can give basic piano lessons
- likes to build garages from shoe boxes for little boys' cars and trucks
- loves Disney movies--never tires of seeing them over and over
- believes in fairy tales
- thinks every child should be a child, unhurried to grow up
- has set of 1939 Child Craft with stories and poems found nowhere else in the world
- is looking for set of "Dick and Jane" books for teaching reading--when those were used, kids learned to read!
- doesn't mind sticky fingers and welcomes sticky kisses
- listens well
- reminds children to say Please, Thank You, and Excuse Me
- says No and means it
- would love to be part of a child's life forever or as long as possible
I work cheap. Give me a hug, and I'm content.
2016 UPDATE: I went from 0 to 5 in 8 years!