Tuesday, June 23, 2015

For all moms everywhere!






MOM*ME
A Children’s Book on the ’Frustrating Joys’ of Motherhood



Ever had your child wipe his nose on your clothes? Sometimes life as a mom can get pretty messy. Moms, dads, and kids will delight in this hilarious picture book about what mommies are not…and some exciting things they can be.


Q & A with Jennifer

Q: Did your children really wipe their noses on your shirt?
A: Actually yes, but I quickly got fast with a tissue.

Q: How did you find time to write a book?
A: When my second child was learning to sleep through the night, I’d wake up remembering a new antic. Wandering into the living room, at 2 and 3 and 4 a.m. I’d grab any nearby paper scrap and write it down.

Q: Where did you get the idea for this story?
A: It seems a muse visited me. I noticed silly things my children did. I was trying to figure out how to set limits with my kids.

Q: What is your greatest joy as a mother?
A: I love watching my children learn. When they discover a new skill and take that next step toward independence, I know I’m doing my job.

Q: What is your greatest frustration?
A: As my children grow up, sometimes our communication lines cross. But I’m thankful, because in any tough moment, my kids and I can always talk things through. We have a great relationship.

Q: What do your friends say when you tell them you wrote a book about what a mommy is NOT?
A: They laugh. We laugh together because we all understand!






About the Author
Jennifer Castro is a teacher. MOM*ME is her first published book. When she’s not writing children’s books, she’s homeschooling her two children and urban homesteading with her husband in California.

Visit her website, and connect with her on Twitter.

 Find her five-star book at Amazon!








About the Illustrator
Hildy Charboneau is an illustrator and gallery artist. She’s also a mom of two grown children, who she visits regularly in New York City for inspiration. MOM*ME is her first published book. Hildy lives in California with her husband and puppy love.











No comments: