Saturday, July 19, 2014

Post-Launch Thoughts


Come with the Love Light Gleaming 




Yesterday was the day I'd been waiting for--the launch of Book 3 of the Dreamland Series, Come with the Love Light Gleaming, but I had ulterior motives. Last July 18, I launched the Penelope Pembroke Cozy Mystery Series, and it's been non-stop promotion/writing/editing/publishing/promoting ever since. I. Am. Tired.

Now it's over. Well, at least it's all over but the necessary continuous promotion. That's one of those side-effects of publishing! But the writing is on hold until fall--actually until the end of October when I depart for my long-anticipated two week writing retreat!

Until then, here is what I'll be doing:
  • making a video trailer for the Dreamland Series
  • getting the Dreamland Series released as a boxed set
  • making a podcast
  • arranging a blog tour (after the fact)
  • updating all the author sites I'm registered with
  • tweeting daily
  • posting on FB daily
  • blogging at least three times a week
  • working on getting the Penelope books and the new series into a couple of local bookstore
It just doesn't stop. Yes, you can look at the list and say, "She should've done this, this, and this BEFORE releasing the books," and I probably should have. But there is just so much time in a day, and real life creeps in unless one lives in a cave on a mountain top!

Meanwhile...


Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland



  
Under the Silv'ry Moon










  




No comments: