Taking a bow, I will say they were 'good' books--but so are many, many others out there. Was their success a fluke? I don't know. But Penelope has been good to me, and I appreciate all the readers out there who downloaded and read the six books in the series. The reviews are a solid 4+ stars on Amazon.
Meet Penelope Pembroke
Owner of the best (only) B&B in Amaryllis, Arkansas (pop. 5492), who’s
- Flirting with fifty (You’re as young as you feel.)
- Divorced (Travis Pembroke, cotton entrepreneur, had a wandering eye.)
- Mother of Amaryllis PD Detective Bradley Pembroke (She wishes he understood her as well as she understands him.)
- Apple of her father Jake Kelley’s eye (She wouldn’t trade him for two spotted pups.)
- Best friend of Mary Lynn Hargrove, the mayor’s wife. (They’ve known each other since high school and know each other inside out.)
- And the only human creature tolerated by Abijah, the 18-lb. orange tabby who stalks the family home-turned B&B.
Penelope keeps her ear to the ground, her eyes open, and her battered heart in solitary confinement. Then one night, while having a beer and a Reuben at the seedy-though-popular Sit-n-Swill, she meets Tiny aka Sam, who’s about as much of a biker as she is a belly dancer.
She insists on dabbling in danger and disaster despite Sam’s best efforts to discourage her. The fireworks begin in Book 1, light up the skies in Books 2,3,4, and 5, and end in one spectacularly explosive display in Book 6.
So today, help me celebrate Penelope's stellar first year with a FREE download of Book 1: The Bogus Biker. If you read the series and enjoyed it, pass on the link to a friend. Free is always good,
but it's only for one day, July 18.
And, did you know the series is now a boxed set? The Penelope Pembroke Cozy Mystery Series is priced at $9.99, which is like getting one book FREE. Kudos to graphic artist Jes Richardson for the superb cover.