Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Saturday Smile

I woke this morning to an email from a reader who had just finished book #6 of the Penelope series. She told me how much she'd enjoyed the books and how she hated to see the stories end. She finished up by thanking me for a "thoroughly decent" read.

Folks, that's the highest praise I can imagine, and I'm glowing. Others have written/reviewed saying similar things, but the word decent says it all. I've achieved what I set out to do. I've entertained without resorting to graphic language and sex. The values to which I've held fast have proven themselves worthy.

The series has sold 14,496 copies as of this morning. Such sales may never happen again, but I'm motivated to keep writing. Somewhere out there is an audience of readers who want what I have to offer.

It's a smiley day.

No comments: