Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's September?

Wait, where did August go? For that matter, where did June and July go? It is really true that time flies when you're having fun--or just when you're getting old? Sigh.

It's been a productive summer. The Penelope books are launched. Number 5 goes up tomorrow, and Number 6 will follow as soon as possible. The first four have sold well over 5000 copies! I'm shocked, amazed, and surprised but nonetheless delighted.

I've enjoyed one day a week with my Small Person. In addition to other books--and books she's read to me--we've enjoyed The Secret Garden and Heidi. She even requested I read aloud while she ate her lunch!

The genealogical society's yearly publication, of which I'm the new editor, has taken up much time. That plus formatting the Penelope books has resulted in copious weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, but everything will come out all right in the end.

The fall has pleasant prospects--new writing projects, putting together (with two other writers) a proposal for a 'writer's college', and a new eight-week Bible study. In order not to miss two consecutive sessions, I've decided to take two or three short trips as opposed to the long trip I'd planned.

Christmas will bring Son #2 and our wee Sir Scrumptious--making great strides now that all those nasty hospital stays seem to be behind him, and he's no longer tethered to oxygen.

This is Liam, age 17 months.Isn't he a happy little fellow? And what's not to be happy about when one has so many people to love him and cheer him on! This was taken on an outing to the park--where he's 'parked' in the welcoming bend of an old mesquite tree.








Before I know it, a new year will arrive. Whew! Time flies when...well, let's just say time flies!







No comments: