Thursday, July 11, 2013

After the perils of publishing...

After the perils of publishing comes the monstrosity of marketing. That's what I've been working on today, though not for the first time.

There are so many possibilities out there. Some are paid, while others are free. All take time and thought.

I've compiled three or four lists, checked off some things, moved others to the status of top priority, and generally have an idea of where I want to go and how to get there. But it's not for the faint of heart. Indeed, writing is the EASY part.

Some of the websites I've looked into require a certain number of reviews and a minimum four-star rating (all on Amazon) before they'll even consider allowing an author to promote--even on a paid venue! Which is just as well. My budget is of the shoestring variety anyway.

However, the opportunities for the "starving artist" are available. It takes time and elbow grease (flexible keyboard strokes?) to find them, and find them I've been doing.

I'm reminded of the old adage, "Let it be a challenge to you."

It is.

Coming soon to Amazon:  The Penelope Pembroke Cozy Mystery Series
  • The Bogus Biker
  • The Stubborn Schoolhouse Spirit
  • The Feed Store Floozy
  • The Possum Hollow Hullabaloo
  • The Larcenous Legacy
  • Sam's Last Stand
Visit Penelope and the people of Amaryllis AR on the web.  

Tomorrow I'll start "guest interviewing" the characters. First up:  Penelope's father, Jake Kelley.



No comments: