Saturday, June 22, 2013

Check out this indie author promotional site...

If you are an indie author, you should definitely check out the World Literary Cafe. In fact, click on the name/link right now and read their mission statement which pretty much covers everything they do--and it's a lot.

I'm still learning, but it seems they have many paid/free promotional offers, as well as the opportunity to connect with other authors on various forums. Yes, yes, I know...you're thinking, "NOT another forum! I don't have time for the ones I already know about!" But at least check out this link on HOW to use WLC.

Though I'll admit to not having checked out every facet of the site, I did register on one of the forums where there are bloggers offering to host writers of various genres. It seemed a good place to start and, hopefully, when the Penelope Pembroke Cozy Mystery Series is ready to go 'live', I'll have some blog spots lined up for a Launch Day Blowout.

So give it a look and see if WLC is a fit for you.  I've signed up with several similar sites and will be spotlighting them in days to come. 

Speaking of Penelope, she's chomping at the bit to get out there. Two books and two covers down, four of each to go. I'm taking a break today and will go at it again on Monday. It's tedious work, as those of you know who have already taken that route. If I had a money tree in the back yard, I'd go for the paid formatting. As it is, I'm plugging along, learning a lot, and getting a great deal of satisfaction out of what goes right.

Meanwhile, as Penelope would say, "You just blessed better get it done!" And I'm trying...

1 comment:

K9friend said...

Well if I ever try to do this, I now know who to contact for advice! :)