Friday, January 18, 2013

Been There - Done That

Here's a link to a blog with a ton of great ideas. I've bookmarked it also. Lindsay Buroker bills herself as a fantasy author, but her guidelines are based on her own experience and hold true for any genre, I'm thinking.

This blog via Joel Friedlander, whom I mentioned yesterday, shares info from a Yorkshire author, Matthew Turner, on what he's learned about epublishing.

When I was in graduate school, one of my professors stressed the importance of primary sources--that is, on-the-spot witnesses to an event--and that holds true for epublishing/indie publishing, too, I believe. I'm more apt to take advice from someone who's been there-done that than from someone who just tells me their "good ideas". Tried and true is the way to go.

I'll be sharing more good advice based on first-hand experience here at The Word Place, so check back daily.

No comments: