Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Coming soon to a computer near you...

NaNoWriMo begins in 1 day, 6 hours, and 37 minutes (give or take). NaNoWri Mo-ers everywhere are putting the finishing touches on their characters and plots (or not) and will have their fingers poised above their keyboards tomorrow, waiting for the clock to roll around to 12:01 AM on November 1 (or not) so they can begin creating their 50,000-word novel in 30 days.

For me, it's the thrill of the chase and knowing that no one is going to berate or beat me if I don't make the magic number by midnight on November 30. It's also an excuse to put other things aside, pull out one of my story ideas, and tell real life to take a hike while I wax creatively novelistic.

It's a fun time, and "winning" is satisfying. If you're interested in my progress, you can check my daily stats at www.judynickles.com by clicking the NaNoWriMo tab (or not).

If today is Halloween Eve, is tomorrow NaNoWriMo Eve? Whatever, we get to howl. I'm listening for you...


2 comments:

K9friend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K9friend said...

I'll be checking on you!

Pat
Critter Alley