'Bucket List' has, it seems, become a new catch-phrase everywhere. Even the invitation to my 50th HS reunion coming up in October asked for a 'bucket list' of things we still want to do, even at our age. (Avoid doctors? Hope our retirement funds don't dry up? Survive? You get the idea.) But as a writer--ah, that's a whole 'nother subject...
So, here goes...
10 Things on My Writer's Bucket List
(in no particular order)
- Rack up some (really) decent sales on my five published novels. (I know, I know, they're not HOT...sigh.)
- Re-write all 6 Penelope Pembroke cozy mysteries and get them 'out there' as an indie.
- Keep current with my writing notebook; ditto the writing journal.
- Travel to craft/book fairs around the state and sell books.
- Meet the writers I've corresponded with via email and Facebook.
- Attend as many writing conferences as I can afford.
- Start sending out my stash of short stories to various magazines and journals.
- Find the right publisher for Four Summer Days.
- Attend a writing retreat (The Writers' Colony in Eureka Springs).
- Travel and bring home new writing ideas.
What's on YOUR bucket list? Need an entire blog to tell us? Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know when you'd like to guest!
Meanwhile, stop by www.judynickles.com to view the video trailers and read the first chapters of my newest releases, The Face on Miss Fanny's Wall and Dancing with Velvet, both available for Kindle and Nook as well as from the publishers.