Sunday, November 6, 2011

Welcome to The Word Place, Jane Toombs

What genre is the primary focus of your writing? Do you write anything else?
At the present time I’m primarily writing paranormal suspense romance.  But I have written in every other genre, including non-fiction and horror.,  But never men’s action and erotica.
Where do  you publish?
In the past: Harlequin, Dell, Berkley and Kensington.  
Now I write exclusively for epubs: Amber Quill Press. Whiskey Creek Press, Champagne Books, Red Rose Publishing, Eternal Press. Zumaya Publications, New Concepts  Publishing, Books We Love and Divine Destinies 
What is your most important and most frequently used resource as you write? 
Online and my local library. And, yes I would recommend both to any writer of any genre because most every resource can now be found in one place or the

other.
Do you consider a special writing place a resource?   
Yes, because privacy helps.  But I have written in dining rooms, beside the cat’s litter box, and in bedrooms. Now that I have my very own writing room I have to admit that’s the best place. 
 Can you share a resource you are using/have used for a specific current/past work? Do you have any other resources you would like to share?
Because I have never used writing books or programs or anything of the sort, I have nothing to recommend  as a resource except a good critique group.  A critique partner is good, but a group is better. 
 Do you have a  secret resource that you would never share? (Think chefs and top-secret recipes!)
Sorry, no secret resource.  But here is a tip:  With every book you finish, you learn something that makes you a better writer when you start next one.  So do try to finish every book you begin. This way you’re creating your own resource.





My most recent book is  Moon Pool ~
 In the center of the maze at an Adirondack resort lies a spring -fed pool . Legend says that if you look into its depths under a full moon, you'll see the face of your true love. In this collection of four novellas, the magic of the Moon Pool touches the lives of eight people for whom love seems to be a dream that can never be reality.  

 All my books can be found at www.JaneToombs.com 



2 comments:

Lori Robinett said...

The comment about writing next to the litter box made me laugh. Glad to see that you've moved to epubs - I rarely buy a "real" book anymore. Great interview!

K9friend said...

Nice interview, Judy. It's always interesting to read what makes other writers tick.

Pat
Critter Alley