Monday, April 18, 2011

Jannine Gallant and Her Class of '85 Stories







First of all, I’d like to thank Judy for having me on her blog. I’m honored to be included in this exciting LROS spotlight event! Today, I’d like to discuss:

The Dreaded High School Reunion!

If you haven’t attended one, you’ve surely received an invitation. How did you feel when you read it?

Nostalgic —  “Hmmm, I wonder what ever happened to that cute boy from biology class.” Or maybe, “OMG, I haven’t seen Suzie in years!”

Apprehensive —  “I can’t possibly go if I don’t lose ten pounds first!”

Bored —  “Why would I want to see those people again. High school was the worst four years of my life!”

All these thoughts and more rattled around in my brain when I saw the call for submissions for the new Class of ’85 Reunion Series. Endless possibilities! What fun! But there was a catch; the hero and heroine had to be middle-aged (like me!) Where was the excitement in that? Could forty-something still be sexy?

The answer, I discovered as I started writing my first story, was a resounding YES. My characters had life experience. They’d been around the block and survived. They knew what they wanted (and what they didn’t!) Self confidence is sexy. I had such a blast creating these dynamic people, I couldn’t stop. I wrote a second story for the series, and then a third! Each character had different reasons for attending the reunion. Each had a story to tell.

My first book, Lonely Road To You, is Tyler and Kate’s story. Tyler North was the quintessential bad boy turned rock star turned recluse on a Montana ranch. His reason for attending the reunion – guilt and redemption. He wants to apologize to the girls he treated with so little respect back in the day. Kate North was the new girl her senior year. She’s certain no one will remember her, but her only true friend from high school asks her to attend. Fate throws Kate and Tyler together, and their journey back to Summerville is filled with self realization and a few surprises.



I wrote After All These Years next. Chantal Day was one of Tyler’s flings. She was the rich, spoiled girl who worked hard to build a thriving cosmetics company. When she loses her business     shortly before the reunion, the last thing she wants is to face former classmates. But an old love convinces her to go. Chantal and Flynn’s story is one of second chances and new beginnings.   






Maybe This Time is my final story for the series. It’s due out May 11th. Adam York attends the reunion hoping to see his old pal, Chloe, and is disappointed when she doesn’t show. Chloe Lane is dying to see all her old friends, but circumstances intervene, and she misses the reunion. Months later the two meet by chance. This is the story of two people who were never more than friends discovering the possibility of something more.

If you’d like to learn more about my books, check out my website at http://www.janninegallant.com/.



Wednesday:  Veronica Lynch

8 comments:

Keena Kincaid said...

Hi, Jannine. Congrats on your upcoming release. The Class of '85 is a fabulous series. I've loved all the books I read, but Lonely Road to You is probably my favorite. I will definitely be checking out this last one.

Jannine Gallant said...

Hi Keena,

Thanks for stopping by. I had a blast writing Maybe This Time. It has more humor in it than the others. Hope you like it!

Mary Ricksen said...

Never went on a class reunion! Sounds like a great story!
Good luck!

Jannine Gallant said...

Mary,

Dare I admit, I haven't been to one, either. I did get an invitation and thought about it, but life got in the way. Kind of like my third story but not as entertaining!

Margo said...

Hi Jannine,

As always, I enjoyed reading about your journey through the Class of '85 reunion.

Margo

Jannine Gallant said...

Thanks for visiting, Margo. Glad I'm not boring you guys to death yet!

Jana Richards said...

Hi Jannine,
I'm so impressed with you publishing three stories for the Class of '85 series. I loved "Lonely Road to You" and I finally downloaded "After All these Years". I hope to read it over Easter.

Best of luck with your newest release in May!

Jana

Jannine Gallant said...

Hi Jana,

We've just been so darn prolific with this series, it's hard to keep up. But, as my dad used to say, you can't have too much of a good thing! Hope you enjoy After All These Years.