Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bess McBride Shares 'A Trail of Love'


Thanks to Judy for having me here on her blog today to help her celebrate the release of her new release from The Wild Rose Press, “The Showboat Affair.”  She invited some of her fellow authors who have published in “The Last Rose of Summer” line, a line for women of a certain age. 

I’ll admit I wrote my “A Trail of Love” first because it was near and dear to me, and I found The Last Rose of Summer line after.  I’d published with The Wild Rose Press before, but I hadn’t yet submitted to The Last Rose of Summer line. 

In 2007, I embarked on a dream of living full time in a recreational vehicle and working summers in a national park.  The plan was to work in a national park for the summer and write romance novels during the winters on some lovely beach in a warm climate.  I was lucky enough to find summer seasonal work at Glacier National Park “working” the gate.  It was a wonderful experience, and I wrote “A Trail of Love” to celebrate my two summers at Glacier National Park.  My heroine has lived, loved and lost, and she wonders if she’ll ever find love again.  Like me, she’s not a young girl anymore.  J  Here’s the blurb and an excerpt.  I hope you enjoy! 
 


Kerrie is on the run from a painful past, and she hides in plain sight as a summer employee in the majestic setting of Glacier National Park. Lonely and isolated from the family and friends she left behind, she dreams of the day when a kind and gentle man will say to her: “I fell in love with you the first time I saw you across the room.”
Dace Mitchell could be that man! When the handsome bear ranger rescues Kerrie from her own foolish behavior...more than once, she finds herself drawn to him against her will...until she discovers he’s already involved with someone else.
When Kerrie begins to get mysterious silent phone calls, it seems likely that the past has caught up to her. Can Dace save her from a violent man who will stop at nothing to have her?

  PRINT ISBN 1-60154-299-2(180 pages) Sensual Available at The Wild Rose Press

Excerpt:
A moose! Baby mooses! Was that the right word? Kerrie had never seen moose before in real life. They were magnificent! The dark brown mother so tall, her long stick-like legs seemingly incapable of bearing her great weight. The dark blonde youngsters, though lighter in color and smaller in scale, were perfect mirror images of their mother.
Kerrie's heart tapped an excited rhythm against her chest. If this was any indication of what the summer promised, her hiding place suddenly looked a lot like Paradise.
She turned to face an approaching vehicle, casting a last glance over her shoulder to make sure the moose cow and her calves did not reenter the road.
A large silver truck pulled up to the kiosk and Kerrie wished she could have slid down to the floor of her booth. The driver was Dace and he wore the same Smokey Bear hat as she, except as one of those outdoorsy men, it looked so much better on him. He worked for the Park Service. Her summer had just gotten much, much longer.
Tuesday:  Jannine Gallant, author of After All These Years, Maybe This Time, and Lonely Road to You


2 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Bess,

This sounds like a terrific story. There's nothing like reading a book set in gorgeous surroundings.

Lynne Marshall said...

Bess, you are amazing! What an adventure you had, and writing a book, too, well, I'm so impressed.

You followed your dream and now you have a wonderful book as icing on the cake.

Congratulations! And best wishes for huge sales.