Friday, March 18, 2011

Marketing Fiction by Writing Non-Fiction

One of the suggestions offered in the webinar that Rhonda Penders, editor-in-chief of The Wild Rose Press, set up for her authors a while back was to find ways of getting your fiction book noticed by writing related non-fiction articles. I was surprised at the long lists of subjects I generated from each of my three books! (And let me digress here--don't lose another minute before subscribing--free--to Sandra Beckwith's newsletter, Build Book Buzz!)

Recently, while organizing marketing materials I'd collected, I found a related idea from Dana Lynn Smith at The Savvy Bookmarketer Newsletter.  She suggested searching online for articles with permission to reprint to your own blog, website, or newsletter.

Listed below are five websites where you can not only find articles for reprint but submit your own, too. I know, I know, you hardly have time to write your own books and stories, edit, revise, submit...ad nauseum. However, this is just another way to get your name out there--and slip in a promo for your book at the same time!

A well-researched, welll-written article may take some of your valuable writing time, but one article submitted six places = six opportunities. And, when you need to blog and come up dry, check for a ready-made piece that just might fit the bill!








This link will take you to an additional six websites for submitting/reprinting articles.

In Where Is Papa's Shining Star? the hero, Alan, returns blinded from World War I. He uses a variety of assistive devices, including the Braille writer, to run an international business. My first article will include the history of such assistive devices--and how far technology has come since 1918!
What are you going to write about?



1 comment:

Sandra Koehler said...

Judy, you never cease to amaze me. You are a fountain of information. This is great. Thanks! Alison Chambers