Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding Myself

Words Matter Week 2011 blog challenge questions. The National Association of Independent Writers and Editors 

It's Words Matter Week 2011 at The National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE). They're running a blog contest--seven questions to answer in seven days to be in line for a nice prize. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Today the challenge question is: 

      Is there a word that has changed, or could change your life? What is it, and what difference would it make? 
Oddly enough, for me, the word IS 'me'. I'm a senior citizen (we won't talk HOW senior), and for most of the years leading up to this point in my life, I have been an extension of someone else--my parents' daughter, my husband's wife, my children's mother. Now, miraculously, retired with an empty nest, I am me. 

While it has been a struggle to see myself as a independent person who no longer answers to anyone, it is an on-going adventure, too. And once tasted, freedom becomes a necessary offering on the menu of life.

2 comments:

Mark said...

One word? I really don't know. It isn't something I've thought about and I just can't think of one word that has changed, or could change, my life. Hmmm ...

jenlowery said...

One word...well, I have two that would change my life: The Call. Can't wait until I get the call that sells my manuscript and makes my dream come true :)