Monday, February 15, 2010

Silence at The Word Place Today

It's called Mimi-Duty. I have been with the small person since 7:30 yesterday morning and am now waiting on her to wake up this morning so I can give her breakfast and take her to preschool. She is a very happy, most reasonable little girl, but she is 2 1/2---and there is a reason that God gives children to the young!

She insisted on watching her Dora video 3 times (while playing and doing other things) until I said no more Dora! Enough is enough! She is, btw, completely potty-trained now and so proud of wearing "big girl panties"! So--no problems there.

Lady had to go to board on Saturday, so she will be much aggrieved when I get her home. And I am exhausted!

We only had one mishap--last night when she was brushing her teeth, she took her toothbrush out of the drawer and kept trying to reach back in for the the new toothpaste when I had the current tube in my hand---and plunged in again just as I was closing the drawer, resulting in a mashed finger! (They are such tiny little fingers, too!) This event resulted in two big tears...though a few kisses seemed to help...and by the time we were cuddled in the chair reading her bedtime book, she'd forgotten which finger it was--and I couldn't see any signs of damage!

I'll drop her at preschool, then stay in town until I hear from the kids and know for sure they're on their way back. (They are supposed to pick her up at 5.) And, of course, Mimi wants to be handy just in case...

Anyway, tomorrow I'll try to post Resources for Writers.


5 comments:

K9friend said...

Little ones can sure keep a Mimi hopping! I'm sure both of you enjoyed spending time together.

導暑紀時 said...

想像是什麼並不重要,想像能做什麼才重要 ..................................................

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I just hopped over here from your Spring is in the Air contest post. Nice blog you have here.

Ditto on the teeny tiny fingers.... they always make me so nervous!

Have a great day.
Miranda
Sweet Vernal Zephyr .blogspot

nlindabrit said...

What a delightful little girl Hanna is!

Skhye said...

Amen about the young having the children. LOL. :) You sound like you had fun. Donde esta el bano? Wait. That's not what they talk about on Dora! *snicker* Have you recovered this weekend? And see you at the ranch!