Saturday, December 5, 2009

"A Very Kate Christmas"

My Christmas story, "A Very Kate Christmas", written as part of "The Kate Chronicles" for the Big Valley Writing Desk and later mainstreamed, is up in the December issue of A Long Story Short. A couple of years ago, it won the Editor's Choice Award in a contest and was published in an anthology of holiday stories, 'Tis the Season. 

 This year, the ezine published twelve of my Kate stories in a special feature column. This story will end the feature because the rest of the stories in "The Kate Chronicles" are much too long and can't really be shortened without affecting the story. I hoping these stories will see print in 2010 and do have a plan. I think they would be good "extras" when I do book-signings or promotions for the books from TWRP. We'll see what develops.

Meanwhile, I've decided NOT to move this blog to my website. The blog page there presented some technical difficulties that I just didn't want to mess with--so I simply set up a page on the website with a link to this blog and some other blog features. Beginning in January (if not before), I plan to blog three times a week. Mondays will be for sharing writing resources/research ideas; Wednesdays for a book reveiw; and Fridays for guest-bloggers.

The invitation to guest-blog is open to everyone who writes--so if you're reading this and you write, I hope you'll consider a guest spot at The Word Place. All I need is your copy and pictures (j.pegs, please) if you have them, and I'll post on a first-come-first-serve basis. I've put out the invitation on TWRP loops and have had one response already.

The rest of you know who you are: Linda, Pat, Donna (and writing friends), Leona, the house elf--and then some local authors, too! I KNOW where to find you!

Remember what's on my homepage--the quote from Margo Dill that inspired me--YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PUBLISHED TO BE A WRITER! 


2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

Your industriousness leaves me breathless! You have come such a long way since you decided to pursue your writing seriously. You ought to be extremely proud of yourself. You truly are an inspiration.

K9friend said...

Sounds like you've got a great plan in place and I look forward to seeing it all come to fruition.

I saw Margo at our Saturday Writers end of year meeting this weekend, and we talked about her quote on your website. She's pleased that you found it to be such an inspiration!