Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Side Bar

December 14

I need more time to work on the promised links, so bear with me.

Meanwhile, I just received some happy news from Donna! She had recommended that I write and submit to History Magazine, which I did back in the summer. Not having heard from them, we'd been discussing if/when I should query about the status of my submission and how to phrase it. So today she IMed me and asked if I'd emailed, and when I said no, she said, "Don't." It seems my article on china dolls is in the current issue of the magazine!

Needless to say, I'm delighted and will beat it into town tomorrow to purchase a copy at Books-A-Million! This is a paying market, so I can also anticipate a check in the future! Color me happy and encouraged!

I've spent most of the day taking notes from The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture Volume 4: Myths, Manners, and Memory as part of research for the novel I'm hoping to write for the WRP Crimson Rose series, "Jewels of the Night". Though contemporary, it will rely heavily on antebellum history. Also, in today's mail, I received a nice fat 2009 Official Tour Guide for Mississippi--requested for the same research. I'm about to dive into that.

It's been a good writing day!

3 comments:

K9friend said...

Congratulations on the article! How strange that they never notified you of the publication. But a credit is a credit, and I hope the "check's in the mail".

nlindabrit said...

Excellent news! congratulations on another publishing credit. I am so pleased for you.

Donna Alice said...

I just saw the article today and it looks wonderful!! Too bad they didn't use your excellent pics. Glad to know you're published in History -- I'll be joining you next month.