Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome to the Word Place, Yellow Rose Author Christine Columbus



How The Perfect Country and Western Story came to be…
Does anyone remember…“You Don’t Call me Darlin’, Darlinnnnnn…” by David Allan Cole, otherwise known as the perfect country & western song.  The song is perfect because it has trucks, momma, gettin’ drunk, prison, and trains. 
A few years back while attending an outdoor country concert – I decided to write The Perfect Country and Western Story which has Hot Cowboys, Romance, Women, Love and an autographed Toby Keith Cowboy Hat.
Growing up listening to country music and reading Cinderella a classic folk tale that involves a handsome prince looking for the foot the fits the glass slipper, I decided to put a similar spin on The Perfect Country and Western Story and have Alexandra at the Midwest’s largest outdoor country concert looking for the cowboy whose head fits the Stetson Cowboy hat.

The Perfect Country and Western Story, will be released on February 19, 2010 through The Wild Rose Press

Back Cover Blurb:

Alexandra has the Stetson hat, now all she needs is the cowboy. But with three days and over 50,000 faces to search, will she be able to find the man who stole her heart? Ben still can’t believe he was foolish enough to let the beautiful thief walk away with his autographed cowboy hat. If the heartbreaker dares to show up at Country Time again this year, he’ll not only be looking to get his hat back, but aiming for a little payback as well.
The final reader for TWRP had this to say about The Perfect Country and Western Story… One of the best things a good story has is wonderful characters, I fell in love with all of them, but I must say Patrick was my favorite.  I did cry in a part or two which added to the flow of the book.  All in all great job, loved the story. 
 
Now I’m sure you are all wondering – who is Patrick?








“Would you be a hon and grab me a cold beer.” Julia said.
Ben’s arms folded across his chest. He
needed to put an end to this now or she’d have
him running ragged by the end of the weekend. “If
all you’re asking is for me to be your servant or
lap dog this weekend—”
Patrick started barking, rushed to the cooler,
trotted over to Julia and handed her a beer. “I’ll
be your junk yard dog.”
“Hmmmm,” Julia reached out and scratched
Patrick’s tummy. “Would I be able to teach you
some new tricks?”
Patrick’s tongue fell out of his mouth. He
panted ‘yes.’
Ben rolled his eyes. This was going to be a loo-ong weekend.


Christine Columbus


Writing Tips….
Create a story in which your characters are interesting, sympathetic and draw the reader's support.

How do you create such a story…
Write a story about characters that you find fascinating.  If the writer can find remarkable character with a story that needs to be told…the rest will be easy.





4 comments:

Linda Swift said...

Hi Christine, I'm a fellow rose, in the Last Rose line. Judy had a wonderful idea to introduce us to authors from all the TWRP lines and I am enjoying getting to know them this way. I have found TWRP a wonderful place to be. Both editors and authors are supportive and helpful. I wish you success with your relase in February.
Linda

Linda Swift said...

Oooops, that is success with your release. Sorry. It's early morning you know.

K9friend said...

Sounds like a fun story, Christine!

Of course any tale (or should I say "tail") that includes a critter gets bonus points from me.

Congratulations, and I look forward to checking out your new book!

Judy said...

Thanks to Christine for sharing all this wonderful information!