Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Helping Hand

A great deal of research went into writing Finding Papa's Shining Star, and as I began edits, I wanted to be sure that I hadn't misinterpreted or misstated anything. So I began to look for someone who would share their first-hand knowledge of the Jewish faith/tradition/history. As my history professors stressed, primary sources are always the best.

After hitting a dead end with the first couple of attempts, another WRP author gave me the name of author Tarah Scott, who graciously agreed to answer my questions. I emailed them to her and told her to respond at HER convenience. Her thorough answers were back in my inbox the next morning! Not only did she answer my questions, but she to the time to expand on several points. Basically, my research was validated (a huge relief), and I also learned a great deal more.

So I wanted to say a public "thank you" on my blog this morning and encourage you to check out her website.

2 comments:

K9friend said...

Most writers I know are wonderfully generous and encouraging people. How terrific that she took time out to answer your questions...and so quickly, too!

BTW, I posted a reply to your mention of Adams Media on Critter Alley!

nlindabrit said...

I am so glad you were able to get your research validated. How kind of Ms. Scott to help you and so swiftly too.