Friday, July 24, 2009

Edits

Can I just say that edits are hard work, back-breaking toil, relentless labor. . .?

Um, yes, I'm deep into edits for Finding Papa's Shining Star. Fortunately, my excellent editor's comments and corrections are, as usual, right on the mark. That does not, however, absolve me from the necessity to explain, expand, rewrite, and generally tidy up.

They're going slow, these abhorrent edits. I learned the hard way with the edits for Where Is Papa's Shining Star? that they are not to be rushed--else the galleys will be one's worst nightmare (and they were).

So, I plod on, chapter by chapter. By the time I have finished, re-read, re-edited, re-read. . .well, you get the picture. . .I will be so bored with the story that I will feel that surely, surely no one will ever want to buy it and read it!

Did I REALLY want to do this?

You betcha!

2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

I can understand how you feel. You have done so much work on the project that you grow weary of the task, but I am sure it will all be worth it when you see the book in print.

K9friend said...

The devil's in the details, isn't he? But at least you have the incentive of knowing a publisher is waiting!