Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Storyteller Magazine

Today I received my first issue of The Storyteller Magazine, a thoroughly professional quarterly published in Maynard, Arkansas. I also received a check for my story, "Looking Over the Edge", which is in this issue.

Let me recommend this magazine. A subscription is only $20 for four issues. They publish fiction, non-fiction, essays, and poetry. Fiction pays at the rate of 1/4 cent per word. Editor Regina Williams explains that payment, however "small", enables writers to term themselves professional by virtue of having received payment. I particularly appreciate this courtesy.

Find submission guidelines by clicking on the link above and consider a subscription for yourself or as a gift for someone who likes to read.

Meanwhile, I'm off to enjoy my first issue. . .right after I look at my byline just one.more.time. (She says, smiling happily.)

2 comments:

K9friend said...

I believe Regina may be speaking at one of our Saturday Writer meetings and taking story pitches.
Congrats on another publication!

nlindabrit said...

I have just finished reading your story in my copy of this excellent magazine! I loved it! The details on genealogical research were fascinating. Congratulations on the publication and I know it must be a thrill seeing your byline!