Friday, May 1, 2009

MaYo!

Day 1: So far, I've set up a folder for The Showboat Affair and added previously-made notes plus a list of characters and a brief outline for the first chapter. I also tried to add a count-down widget, but it comes up with a "broken and can't be fixed" message. Alas.

Day 2: After driving 281 miles today, often in driving rain, I only managed 343 words. Will fewer miles tomorrow equate more words?

Day 5: Hmmm. Well, At this point I have about 2000 words. Still traveling. Certainly driving faster than I write!

3 comments:

nlindabrit said...

I haven't made a start yet, as I am streaming with cold and coughing fit to bust! Thank you Tom:)

K9friend said...

I'm with Linda. Not one word have I written. Been puppy-sitting both kid's dogs, trying to get caught up with weekly cleaning, and had a hectic weekend that included an anniversary party, seeing a friend who joined a new band, and...(is that enough excuses yet?)

Donna Alice said...

Day 8 and I only have 6900 words. Not sure if I'll make it to 20K or not. But, I do have an outline, characters and kind of know the ending. A new character showed up today - needed but oh--more people to keep track of!