Wednesday, April 1, 2009

WD April Poem-A-Day Challenge

Okay, so I'm wordy today, but Writer's Digest magazine is having an April Poem-A-Day Challenge. It's kind of like NaNoWriMo---if you post a poem everyday through April you get a certificate and a badge which, I assume, can be displayed on your website or blog. It's free, so if you're interested, click on Poetry Challenge and follow the directions. A further enticement is that 50 poems will be chosen for an eBook!

Each day has a topic. Today's was "origins", so here's my effort:

Where you come from
doesn't always define
who you are.
But where you're going
is where you came from,
and that makes you who you are.
Genealogists look for where they came from
because they need to know
who they are.
Sometimes they find out where they've been
is not where they want to be,
and where their ancestors went
is not where they want to go.

2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

I love your poem! I wish you luck with the challenge too!

K9friend said...

Nice job on the poem, Judy! And I hope one of your creations is chosen for the e-book!