Sunday, April 26, 2009

Magazines for Writers

I had a mail offer of a good subscription rate to Poets and Writers Magazine, so I decided to give it a try. The May/June issue arrived recently. It appears, from a quick thumb-through, that it has some interesting articles and relevant information for those of us who euphemistically call ourselves writers and/or poets. As I get into it, I'll share what I find.

The Writer and Writers' Digest are two other magazines to which I subscribe. Both are good, though I favor the former a bit for its relevancy for me personally. Another magazine, Writers' Journal, is one I pick up on the newsstand from time to time. I currently have a submission into its "Write to Win" contest. The entry fee was $5, so I figured it was worth a shot to try a story on their prompt.

I'm still in the learning process about this thing called writing, so every little bit of information and/or advice from voices of experience helps.

2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

I currently get The Storyteller magazine but that comes from America. I might look and see what else is available over here as well.

K9friend said...

I agree. Writing is a craft, just like any other. Studying it is a good thing!