Thursday, April 30, 2009

An End and a Beginning

Today ends the WD April Poem-a-Day Challenge with a poetry topic which is, appropriately enough, Farewell. It's been fun! Here is a list of the topics (Tuesdays were twofers):

Day 1: Origins
Day 2: Outsider
Day 3: The trouble with (blank) is. . .
Day 4: An animal
Day 5: A landmark
Day 6: Something missing
Day 7: Clean/Dirty
Day 8: A routine
Day 9: Memory

Day 10: Friday
Day 11: An object
Day 12: So we decided to. . .
Day 13: A hobby
Day 14: A love/anti-love poem
Day 15: Poem based on a poem by another author
Day 16: A color
Day 17: All I want is. . .
Day 18: Involving interaction
Day 19: Angry
Day 20: Rebirth
Day 21: Haiku/About Haiku
Day 22: Work
Day 23: Regret
Day 24: Travel
Day 25: An event
Day 26: Miscommunication
Day 27: Longing
Day 28: Sestina/about sestinas
Day 29: Never. . .
Day 30: Farewell

Now, from literally thousands of poems, 50 will be selected for an ebook. I'm glad I don't have the task of plowing through all of them! For those who participated all month, badges will be available for download at some point, and that's what I was after, something to put up with my NaNoWriMo "winner" badge on this blog.

This challenge has been good mental exercise as well as a way to put into words many of my deepest thoughts and feelings. I hope that, like NaNoWriMo, it will be a yearly event!

On another subject, Donna has posted the MAYO challenge of 20,000 words in May. I'm in!
Anybody else?

2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

Yes, I am in for Mayo too.

K9friend said...

Congrats on conquering another challenge!