Wednesday, April 15, 2009

As if you haven't heard enough. . .

The prompt for Day 14 of the WD April Poem-A-Day Challenge was a Two-for-Tuesday: a love poem or an anti-love poem. Feeling neither particularly romantic---nor particularly unromantic--I considered what I loved at this very moment. Of course, it came to me in a flash!

From the moment you
surrounded me
I felt warm and
comforted.
I'd wanted you
for so long but
others told me you were
not right for me.
Still I dreamed of you
by night and
thought of you
by day and
said that someday
we would be
together.
It took fifty years but
now we have found
each other and
we'll never part.
Love and longing
sprang up anew
in me as
I plucked you from
the box and
slipped you on my
eager feet.
My moccasins that my mother
said I could not have.

2 comments:

K9friend said...

Well if that isn't a love poem, I don't know what is! Great job!

nlindabrit said...

LOL! An outstanding poem, my friend and definitely one from the heart!