Saturday, March 7, 2009

Book Trailer!

Making this book trailer was quite a time-consuming and somewhat frustrating experience, but the upside is, now that I know what I'm doing, the next one will be much easier. I had some difficulty posting it to my website, but another author responded to my desperate pleas and literally walked me through the back door--which is how one has to approach cranky computer techonology sometimes. It runs a bit "rough" which it doesn't do when viewed from my computer, but at least it's up, and I can tweak it later.

As a child, I was never encouraged to do more than achieve academic success. I suppose it was easier on my parents to keep me under their thumb with my nose in a book. That lack of experience in the "real" world has been a major handicap all my life. Then, at the age of 34, I had to grow up overnight and take total responsibility for two children and my own so-called destiny. It wasn't easy, folks.

I did, however, develop a stubborn streak. Suddenly, if someone told me I "couldn't" do something, my immediate response was, "I'll show you that I can"--and I did. I may try five times and fail---but eventually I'll get it right just through sheer determination. When I do, I'm inordinately proud of myself---something I should have experienced as a child and young person growing up and didn't. So, perhaps my smug smiles and silent exultations may be understood and forgiven now.

Behold--the book trailer!
video

2 comments:

nlindabrit said...

Congratulations! I have never attempted anything of this kind and would not know where to start. You have done a wonderful job and I hope you are very proud of yourself.

K9friend said...

Drat the luck! I can't get the trailer to work on this computer. I'll check it out when I get home!