Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Waiting It Out

This month I am waiting out the results of two contests and a submission to a magazine. The contests will be announced this month, but the magazine's timetable is 10-12 week, so that will put me into late March or early April. In April, "Looking Over the Edge" is scheduled to be published in The Storyteller, a local (Arkansas) quarterly. Then there's the last round of edits for Where Is Papa's Shining Star? and, hopefully, a release date.

Meanwhile, I'm guest blogging on another WRP author's site on March 3, so I'm working on a piece about where authors get their ideas and explaining some of my sources.

And, of course, Blue Velvet has been on hold for a few weeks as I try to gather momentum to climb out of the hole it's fallen into! I did manage two fairly decent chapter revisions yesterday, but there's more work to do!

Oh, my, my, my, my---as I was wont to say in the classroom whenever there was a problem. All of the above certainly sounds lah-ti-dah! Insert here that I am laughing at myself. There's nothing worse than taking oneself too seriously!

But to serious business--I've picked out the pictures to purchase for use in a trailer, and I've played a bit with the trailer-making software--so all that's left is to pay for the pics, download them, and get to work. A little more confidence is needed. . .do I hear the Little Red Engine saying, "I think I can! I think I can!"?

We'll see.

2 comments:

K9friend said...

I not only think you can, I KNOW you can! Hope good news is coming on the contests!

nlindabrit said...

I am finding it fascinating shadowing you as you make this journey towards the publication of your novel. I have found out so much from you as you tackle each new task that has come your way.

I feel absolutely certain that you can do all the thngs you have set yourself to do. The trailer sounds most interesting and I cannot wait to see what you come up with.