And, I've added a few links:
- Preditors and Editors which, with Writer Beware, is a good source of information about legit (and not-so-legit) publishers and contests
- A picture of the cover of 'Tis the Season, which links to Words of Belief, a Christian self-publishing company. This is NOT something I self-published but rather contains "A Very Kate Christmas" which won their Editor's Choice Award in their holiday writing contest last December.)
- A picture of the cover for Where Is Papa's Shining Star? which is being published by The Wild Rose Press sometime this year
- Literary Magic, an online magazine where my story "No One Ever Died of a Broken Heart" is currently published in their winter issue
- A link to another online magazine, A Long Story Short, has been up for awhile, and several of my "Kate" stories are being serialized there under "The Way It Was". The February issue has the second story, "Loving Each Other", but I don't think there's any way to link back to the January issue for the first story.
- Finally, a link to my website which is by no means complete, but please take a look if you have time. The picture for the link is courtesy of my good writing buddy, Leona Biron-Coulter.
The bottom line is, I'm trying to "psych" myself up to promote my book when it is released. Growing up, I was taught quite strictly that "tooting one's own horn" was a grievous thing to do, so this whole situation puts me between a rock and a hard place! How do I get the word out without seeming to be. . .well. . .unladylike. . .or worse?
In the next few months, I'm going to be doing some guest blogging for other Wild Rose Press authors and will post their links here also.
So, these are the changes I've made thus far. Any suggestions are always welcome!