Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yet Another New Story Published Online

The winter issue of the ezine Literary Magic is up. Check it out here http://www.literarymagicmag.com/ for my story, "No One Ever Died of a Broken Heart". I'm tickled pink--or blue--or whatever!

Right now I'm trying to write a synopsis for a story I'm submitting to a print magazine called New Love Stories. "Carry Me Home" is based on real-life happenings in my hometown in 1882. Two writing buddies have looked over the story, made suggestions, and pronounced it ready for submission. So all I need is a synopsis, and it's off. They pay quite nicely--so I have my fingers crossed that I'll hear something good from them in their 10-12 week time frame for reviewing.

I'm also doing a third read-through of Finding Papa's Shining Star. This will be the last revision, then there will be a spell check, and then I'll have to write a synopsis. I put off my very favorite thing until the last. (Visualize sad face here.)

It's a full-time endeavor, writing is. And, it's hard work. My brain protests regularly. But what fun!

All right---onward!

2 comments:

K9friend said...

Hope you get good news on the new story and congrats on another publication!

nlindabrit said...

I have just read No One Ever Died of a Broken Heart and I loved it! I never even saw the punchline coming. It was masterly and a gem to read!

Heartiest congratulations to you, dear friend!