Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Kate Stories at A Long Story Short

The online ezine A Long Story Short (http://alongstoryshort.homestead.com/ has published the first of my Kate stories, "Full Circle" and requested two more, "Loving Each Other" and "Finding Kate". They will review and let me know if they want more. Being quite attached to Kate, I hope other readers will like her also.

When I first began submitting, I wondered how I'd ever acquire anything to put down when asked about my previous publishing experience! A Long Story Short gave me my first "clip", and I'm appreciative. Since then, I've acquired more "clips" here and there, and each one has a special excitement about it.

Yesterday I finished the first revision of Finding Papa's Shining Star, the sequel to my already-contracted novel. I hope this book will be deserving of a contract also, but it needs some work. The beginning doesn't "grab" me, so it won't "grab" readers either. On the positive side, it has a good strong finish, plenty of conflict, and enough romance (or, as the house elf euphemistically puts it, mackage) to satisfy.

Here's a good website that receive by email and recommend to other writers. Its called Daily Writing Tips (http://www.dailywritingtips.com) and also has something of interest. Check it out.

Meanwhile, happy writing!

3 comments:

K9friend said...

Loved the story, Judy! And I enjoyed looking at the site. Perhaps I'll try a submission there someday.

Leona said...

Woohoo! I am dancing and singing with happiness, Judy! I love your kate stories and I know others will too! I subscribe that newsletter and save every one of their tips..They are quite helpful! Congrats and a pat on the back for a job well done!

nlindabrit said...

I am off to the ezine to read the story! Heartiest congratulations to you, my friend!

Good luck with the revision of Finding Papa's Shining Star.