Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The New Word Place

It was time to delete the "old" Word Place and re-create it as a reflection of what is going on in my new/old writing life. First of all, I've added the original links to the blogs of good writing friends, and I've also added links to writing blogs that I receive by email and which provide excellent writing information.

So now is the time to explain the other links and try to do so without sounding like I'm tooting my own horn--which, honestly, I'm not--just sharing some good news with good friends.

First of all, please check LongStoryShort around the seventh of November since they accepted a short-short story from me for publication. Take a few minutes to read "You'll Know Someday" based on a picture I found of my grandmother's first love.

The Storyteller is a print quarterly published in Arkansas. My story, "Looking Over the Edge", another story with a genealogical flavor, will appear in the April-May-June issue. As far as I know, it isn't on the newsstands, but a yearly subscription is $20 for the four issues.

Finally, a novel, Where Is Papa's Shining Star? has been contracted by the Vintage Line of The Wild Rose Press, a print and e-book romance publisher. The ebooks can be purchased at their site, and print books can be ordered through such mainline stores as Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Borders. I don't have a release date yet, of course, but watch this blog for updates. Hopefully, the sequel, Finding Papa's Shining Star, will also earn a contract in the future.

Meanwhile, I have more submissions "percolating" here and there and hope to see them in print also. I'm also working on a website, but it is slow going.

One last link to mention is my author's page on the National Novel Writing Month site. Thousands of people all over the world are working on producing 50,000 words between November 1-30. This is my second attempt with the wartime romance called Blue Velvet. See a cover designed by KatieBee and read the blurb.

I'll be adding more links and more information, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

nlindabrit said...

Two more favours you have done for this grateful friend! I have just been given a gift by Tom; a two year subscription to The Storyteller, beginning with the issue due out next month. I know I am going to enjoy reading all the new fiction in this magazine and of course I can't wait for the June 2009 issue!!!

The other favour is giving me another interesting blog to check out regularly! This is terrific and I LOVE your picture. I cannot imagine why you felt the need for a new photo when you have this one.

It is terrific news about the book contract and I most heartily congratulate you on your achievement. TWRP seems to be an eminently friendly and helpful organization and I especially like the wide scope of its publishing range. I would dearly love to pluck up the courage to follow in your footsteps one day.

So, thank you, my friend, I can't wait for my first magazine to arrive.

nlindabrit said...

I completely forgot to say the I loved the story, You'll Know Someday, in Long Story Short! The genealogical flavour of the story and the poignant subject matter made it a riveting read. It was so exciting to see your name in print!

Margo Dill said...

Judy,
Thanks for using my quote and for putting the link to my website! I think you are doing great with all your technology! I'm glad I checked everything out today. Good luck with everything you do!

Margo Dill
www.margodill.com